Please come back to see when and where and updates of the next event below.

Please come back to see when, where and for new updates of the next events.

Friday, October 26, 2012


Meet Frankie Flora. He was 5 yrs old at the time that he was viciously attacked and mauled by a pit bull type dog.  

He can't be at the Walk For Victims despite how much he wanted to be.

He's written to all of the Walkers, and I'm sharing his letter here. This is Frankie.....








Hi my name is Frankie Flora. I am 8 years old now. I was severely mauled by a dog when I had just turned 5. Four sections of my head was eaten down to my skull, my right cheek was missing, my left side was torn apart. I almost died. They told my mother that night they did not think I was going to survive. Dr. Anthony Allessi saved my life. He gave me blood transfusions and pieced me back together with donated skin. I had over 1,000 stitches to my head and face, nerve damage to my hand, and hearing loss. My leg has a big “Z” scar in it now.
 
I know what it feels like to be attacked and mauled to the point of almost dying. I wish I could have been here at the Walk in person but I was unable to get there. I am sorry that you have been through what I have been through. I am also sorry for all the people that died from an attack! I know their families must be sad. I am trying to pass a law in New York State to get rid of the " one bite rule " . Any of you can contact me at www.frankiefund.com. I wish you all joy, health and happiness. You are all in my prayers! STAY STRONG!!!

Thank you, Frankie. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. We will Walk for you, and so many others tomorrow, Frankie. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment